Even after gaining a lot of popularity as an excellent marketing strategy, a lot of people don’t know much about digital signage display. You run into TV screens just about everywhere, including offices, bars, gyms, local libraries, etc. Now, most of those screens remain dead or show bori o come up with a strategy. You need an appropriate strategy to take digital or smart signage screen from “okay” to “extraordinary.” After all, it’s the only way to ensure they serve their true purpose – upselling products or building internal communities.
- Setting goals: So, how should you go about it? You must start by setting clear goals regarding your digital signage content, and for doing that, you need to know what you’re attempting to accomplish. Smart signage can help increase traffic, sell more products, increase web platform signups, and gain social media followers. They can also improve internal communications, help sales teams achieve higher target objectives, and increase brand awareness.
- Ascertaining measurable metrics: When your content goes live, it becomes easier to convince stakeholders of the value and necessity of content marketing. However, it does lead to one crucial question – how to measure your goals? The choice of the metric falls entirely upon you. As long as you can think of a concrete way of measuring what you promote, you’ll be able to implement it. The method isn’t as challenging as it seems. You simply need to set a goal, select a KPI, and repeat the process until your content strategy has an initiation point, a middle point, and an endpoint.
- Screen positioning: You probably have a TV monitor that you want to use. If you’re going to add a new one, you have to think about where you’ll place it. Digital signage screens don’t have to be in areas receiving high footfall. However, proper positioning will help you answer other mission-critical questions. For instance, how long will the visitors stand in front of the screens? What kind of activity will they undertake once they get there?
- Defining your audience: If you didn’t define your audience yet, you must do it now. You’ll find several buyer persona creation guides on the internet that will help you dig deep into the personality of your ideal customer. You’ll also be able to unearth the personal goals of your patrons and how you can help them achieve those objectives.
- Content selection for the audience: After having audience personas at your disposal, you need to create content for your audience. You can do it in several ways, starting from social media displays to existing content, such as images, videos, and repurposed presentations. When it comes to content selection, you need to check things sensibly before displaying them on your digital signage screens. In doing so, you’ll ensure cementing your digital signage content with the viewer’s behavior.
The list doesn’t end here, but, unfortunately, it isn’t possible to include more data. You have to segment your content times, design playlists & associated schedules, use campaigns to engage audiences, ask for reviews, and make adjustments along the way. It’s just a shortened version of what you must do to build a powerful market presence with smart display options. Everything should be relatively clear to you if you have been reading this write-up from the beginning.